March 18, 2019
A seat belt that cannot be properly used increases the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V207
Manufacturer Kia Motors America
Components SEAT BELTS
Potential Number of Units Affected 197
Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2019 Sedona vehicles equipped with an 8-passenger seat arrangement. The seat belt buckle for the second-row middle seat may have been improperly installed on the wrong side of the seat, preventing the proper use of the 3-point seat belt. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
Kia has notified owners, and dealers will inspect the seat belt installation, and reinstall the seat belt buckle to the correct side if necessary, free of charge. The recall began April 8, 2019. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia 's number for this recall is SC177.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
(NHTSA Recall Number: 19V207)
This notice applies to your vehicle: (Insert VIN)
April 8, 2019
Kia has identified a defect in your vehicle which relates to motor vehicle safety
This letter is being sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Kia Motors has decided that certain 2019 MY Sedona vehicles equipped with an 8-passenger seat configuration may not comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) Number 208, “Occupant crash protection.” The non-compliance may prevent the proper use of the seat belt for the second-row middle seat. In the event of a crash, an incorrectly used seat belt increases the risk of injury.
What Is The Problem?
The seat belt buckles for the second-row middle seat may have been installed on the wrong side of the seat, thereby preventing proper use of the 3-point seat belt. In the event of a crash, an incorrectly used seat belt increases the risk of injury.
Kia has advised its authorized dealers to inspect the seat belt buckles for the second-row middle seat. If the buckles were incorrectly installed to the wrong side of the seat, Kia dealers will reinstall them to the correct side of the second-row middle seat. The work will be performed at Kia’s expense at no cost to you.
What Should You Do?
- In the interest of the safety of your passengers, as well as your own safety, please immediately contact your Kia dealer to arrange for the recall repair to be conducted. The estimated time required to inspect and perform necessary repairs will be approximately one (1) hour. However, your vehicle may be needed longer; therefore, we recommend scheduling a service appointment to minimize any inconvenience.
- If you notice that the seat belt buckles for the middle seat are not installed on the correct side of the seat in order to be properly used, do not use that seating position until you have this recall repair performed.
- To find your nearest dealer, visit kia.com and click the “Find Dealer” button in the upper right corner (“Dealers” on a mobile device). You can also use the QR code below with your mobile device to access this information (see the bottom of this letter for more information about QR code use):
What If You Have Already Paid To Have This Situation Corrected?
If you have incurred expense to remedy this issue prior to the date of this notice, you may have the opportunity to obtain reimbursement for that expense. You may submit your receipts online to Kia via the Owners section of www.kia.com or mail your receipts with a cover letter directly to Kia for review and consideration:
Consumer Assistance Center
Kia Motors America, Inc P.O. Box 52410
Irvine, CA 92619-2410
The Kia Consumer Assistance Center is available at the number listed above if you have any questions or require assistance in submitting your claim.
Pursuant to the General Reimbursement Plan issued by Kia pursuant to Federal Regulation 49 CFR 573.13, Kia will use its best efforts to respond to your claim within sixty (60) days of receipt and at that time Kia may either accept or reject that claim or it may request more information to evaluate the claim.
Have You Changed Your Address Or Sold Your Kia?
If you have changed your home address, sold your Kia vehicle, or no longer own your vehicle, please complete the attached prepaid “Change of Address/Ownership” card and mail it to us. You can also contact the Consumer Assistance Center phone number listed above.
What If You Are A Vehicle Lessor?
Federal regulation requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
What If You Have Other Questions?
If your dealer does not respond to your service request in a timely manner, we suggest that you call Kia’s Consumer Assistance Center at 1-800-333-4542. This number has TTY capability. If you still are not satisfied that we have remedied this situation without charge and within a reasonable amount of time, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E., Washington, DC 20590; or call the toll free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
This action has been taken in the interest of your safety, and we regret any inconvenience this situation may cause you.
Consumer Affairs Department
QR Code Use:
- A QR Code is a square, 2-dimensional barcode that can be read by mobile devices loaded with an appropriate barcode or QR Code Reader App. The app reads the barcode image and then launches/uploads the specific information the code contains, such as URLs, text, photos, videos.
- With a mobile device, download a QR Code Reader App. With many devices, you can do this through an app store or
- Open the QR Code Reader App on your mobile device. The app will utilize your device’s camera. Center the code in the camera viewing area. With some apps, the URL or other information will automatically load when the code is For others, you may have to snap or take a picture of the QR code. Refer to the QR Reader Code App instructions.
April 3, 2019
|Q1.||What type of campaign is Kia conducting?|
|A1.||Kia Motors has decided that certain 2019 MY Sedona vehicles equipped with an 8-passenger seat configuration may not comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208, Occupant Crash Protection. The non-compliance may prevent the proper use of the seat belt for the second-row middle seat. In the event of a crash, an incorrectly used seat belt increases the risk of injury.
|Q2.||What vehicles are affected by the recall?|
|A2.||Certain 2019 MY Kia Sedona vehicles equipped with an 8-passenger seat configuration manufactured from October 31, 2018 through November 28, 2018.
|Q3.||How many customer vehicles are affected by this recall?|
|A3.||Approximately 197 vehicles are included in this campaign.
|Q4.||What is the concern with the Seat Belt Buckles?|
|A4.||The seat belt buckles for the second-row middle seat may have been installed on the wrong side of the seat, thereby preventing proper use of the 3-point seat belt. In the event of a crash, an incorrectly used seat belt increases the risk of injury.
|Q5.||Can you describe the recall campaign and fix?|
|A5.||Kia has advised its authorized dealers to inspect the seat belt buckles for the second-row middle seat. If the buckles were incorrectly installed to the wrong side of the seat, Kia dealers will reinstall them to the correct side of the second-row middle seat. The work will be performed at Kia’s expense at no cost to you.
|Q6.||How was the issue discovered?|
|A6.||Through the regular monitoring of field information.
|Q7.||What should vehicle owners do when they receive the notification?|
|A7.||In the interest of the safety of their passengers, as well as their own safety, customers should immediately contact their Kia dealer to arrange for the recall repair to be conducted.
NOTE: If the customer notices that the seat belt buckles for the middle seat are not installed on the correct side of the seat in order to be properly used, they should not use that seating position until the recall repair has been performed. (See Section 3 – Seat Belts in your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual for information on the proper usage of the rear center seat belt system.)
|Q8.||Have there been any deaths or injuries as a result of this condition?|
|A8.||There have been no deaths or injuries.
|Q9.||Has Kia had any litigation regarding this condition?|
|Q10.||Will this cost vehicle owners any money?|
|A10.||No. Kia will perform the recall repair at no cost to the customer.
|Q11.||What about customers who may have already paid to have this issue remedied?|
|A11.||If the customer has incurred expense to have this issue remedied prior to the date of this notice, the customer may have the opportunity to obtain reimbursement for that expense. Customers may submit their receipts online to Kia via the Owners section of www.kia.com or mail their receipts with a cover letter directly to Kia for review and consideration:
Consumer Assistance Center
|Q12.||How long will the repair take?|
|A12.||The estimated time required to inspect and perform necessary repairs will be approximately one (1) hour. However, the vehicle may be needed longer; therefore, we recommend that the customer contact the dealer for an estimate of how long they may need the vehicle and schedule a service appointment to minimize inconvenience. (Most Kia dealers have online appointment scheduling via their dealership web sites to maximize convenience).
|Q13.||How will owners of the affected vehicles be notified?|
|A13.||Kia will be notifying owners of the affected vehicles by first-class mail beginning on April 8, 2019.
|Q14.||Are there any restrictions on an owner’s eligibility?|
|Q15.||If a customer has an immediate question, where can they get further information?|
|A15.||The customer can contact their local Kia dealership or call Kia’s Consumer Assistance Center at 1-800-3334KIA (4542), Monday through Friday, 5 AM to 6 PM Pacific Standard Time, or via the internet @ www.kia.com (Owner’s Section).
1 Affected Product
8 Associated Documents
Remedy Instructions and TSB
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Attention: All Dealer Principals - 4/3/19
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- April 3, 2019 Attention: All Kia Parts & Service Managers
Non-Compliance Report 573 Report
- MADE IN THE USA by a small family business that specializes in the best leather cleaner and conditioner on the market. Millions of happy customers.
- CONCENTRATED FORMULA means great value - each four-ounce bottle makes up to 32 ounces of leather cleaner when diluted with water.
- QUICKLY AND GENTLY CLEANS all types of leather and vinyl, removing dirt, oil, tough stains and grime. Non-toxic leather cleaner is perfect for every leather product, including saddles and tack, automotive interiors, furniture, handbags, shoes and jackets. Not for use on suede.
- UNLIMITED 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. If you're not happy with any of our products, simply return them for a full refund of your purchase price!
- SPECIALLY FORMULATED to work with Leather Honey Leather Conditioner, the #1 best-selling leather care product on Amazon.
- Weiman Products, LLC
- Health and Beauty
- CLEANS, CONDITIONS, NOURISHES - Cleans leather surfaces while applying conditioner and nourishment
- PROTECTS SURFACE - A clear protective coating saves the material from usual wear and tear, as well as harmful UV rays that cause damage to the surface.
- VERSATILE - These household wipes can be used on any leather surface, including: Shoes, furniture, apparel, purses/bags, and car interiors.
- SAFE - This non-toxic, phosphate free formula removes smudges, dirt, and other remaining impurities safely and effectively.
- FRESH SCENT - Leave your surfaces clean and smelling light and fresh.
- SIMPLE - Easy solution to clean, condition, and protect leather in a single application.
- ENHANCED APPEARANCE - This combination product will clean dirty leather as well as restore color to faded pieces of furniture or well used handbags.
- PROLONGED USE - neglected leather breaks down more quickly, fading and even cracking. By nourishing the surface and protecting it from UV rays you'll ensure your leather stays in the best possible shape.
- USA MADE VALUE - Manufactured in Florida with a value-sized bottle and complimentary applicator pad to ensure you can use it as soon as you open your package.
- A TRUSTED BRAND - TriNova has established itself as a leader in leather care, meaning you can purchase with confidence.
- CPR CLEANING PRODUCTS
- Water-based leather protector
- Protects against oil stains
- Great for leather furniture
- Made in the USA
- Prevents everyday soiling
- Quickly & easily restores the color to all absorbent leathers
- Ideal for restoring the color to faded and worn leather
- 21 colors formulated for use on leather from a dark to light shade
- Great for re-coloring areas that have been exposed to sun light or direct heat
- Suitable for use on furniture, car interiors, clothes, shoes, handbags and any other item made from absorbent leather.
- Bring Leather Back To Life, Prolongs the Life of Leather. Softens Stiff Leather, Safe to Use on Glove Soft Leather, Furniture, Jackets, Car Seats, Purses, Shoes, Tack, Saddles, Baseball Gloves, Vinyl, Boats, RVs, and More
- Dermatologist Tested- Does Not Irritate Skin. No Harsh Chemicals. Made of 100% Cosmetic Ingredients. No Greasy Residue, Reduces Scuffs and Scratches. Removes Winter Salt-Stains
- Two Products in One Bottle- Saves Time and Money. Safe to use on Exotic Leathers Such as Alligator and Ostrich
Last update on 2019-04-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-04-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API