February 19, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V109000
If a child is in a child seat in the front seat, a broken ODS wiring harness will not prevent the front passenger air bag from deploying in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury to the child.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V109
Manufacturer Kia Motors America
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Potential Number of Units Affected 94,389
Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2015-2018 Sedona vehicles equipped with manually-adjusted front passenger seats. Over time, the Occupant Detection System (ODS) wiring harness located underneath the front passenger seat may break from the seat being occupied.
Kia will notify owners, and dealers will remove the wire harness clip to prevent the wiring harness from breaking. If the harness is found damaged, the front passenger seat cushion will be replaced. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began March 19, 2019. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC175.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Safety Recall Campaign
SC175 (Rev 1, 03/20/2019)
|SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN|
FRONT PASSENGER SEAT OCCUPANT DETECTION SYSTEM (ODS) WIRING HARNESS (SC175)
This bulletin has been revised to include additional information. New/revised sections of this bulletin are indicated by a black bar in the margin area.
This bulletin provides the procedure to remove the wiring harness clip between the Occupant Detection System (ODS) control unit and the mat sensor to prevent the wiring harness from bending on some 2015-2018MY Kia Sedona (YP) vehicles, equipped with a “Manual” front passenger seat and produced from July 29, 2014 through July 17, 2017. In addition, if the wiring harness is found damaged and the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) airbag warning light is illuminated with DTCs B1490(00) in SRSCM and B1764(00) in ODS ECU, the front passenger seat cushion should be replaced. The wiring harness underneath the front passenger seat which connects the ODS unit to the mat sensor is held in place by clips. When the seat is occupied by a passenger, the weight of the passenger on the seat cushion may cause the wiring harness to bend. Over time, repeated bending can break the wire harness. If the wiring harness breaks, the ODS will not suppress the front passenger airbag. In the event of a crash, deployment of the front passenger airbag increases the risk of injury to a child in a Child Restraint System (CRS). Before conducting the procedure, verify the vehicle is included in the list of affected VINs.
B1490(00) – OCS (Occupant Classification System) Defect in SRSCM
B1764(00) – Body Sense MAT Defect in ODS ECU
There is no charge to the vehicle owner for this repair. Under applicable law, you may not sell or otherwise deliver any affected vehicle until it has been repaired pursuant to the procedures set forth in this bulletin.
To assure complete customer satisfaction, always remember to refer to WebDCS Warranty Coverage (validation) Inquiry Screen (Service → Warranty Coverage → Warranty Coverage Inquiry) for a list of any additional campaigns that may need to be performed on the vehicle before returning it to the customer.
- Verify no SRS airbag warning light is on. If it is on, perform a Fault Code Search with the KDS for any DTCs listed on page 1.
- If the DTCs listed on page 1 are stored or active, proceed with the replacement procedure on page 4.
- If the DTCs are not listed on page 1 but related to the SRS, further diagnosis is required and not covered in this bulletin. File a separate claim as necessary.
If the SRS airbag warning light is not on, proceed to the next step.
- Carefully uncover (A) the rear bottom section of the front passenger seat.
- Carefully detach the ODS connector retaining clip (B) closest to the ODS connector.
- Carefully cut the retaining clip between the wiring harness and the clip head (C) using side-cutter pliers and discard the clip head. Allow the wiring harness to move freely. Do not replace the retaining clip or secure the harness.
- Verify proper operation of the seat and confirm no airbag-related warning lights are on.
- Record the customer’s radio presets.
Failure to follow general precautions prior to performing any airbag system service could result in serious injuries.
- Replace the front passenger cushion (D) by referring to steps 1 through 7 of the “Body (Interior and Exterior) → Front Seat → Front Seat Cushion Cover → Repair procedures” chapter in the applicable Shop Manual on KGIS.
NOTE: Allow the wiring harness to move freely. Do not replace the retaining clip or secure the harness. If the replacement cushion comes with a retaining clip, carefully cut the retaining clip between the wiring harness and the clip head (C) using side-cutter pliers and discard the clip head.
Seat Retaining Bolt Tightening torque: 32.5 – 43.4 lb.ft (44.1 – 58.8 N.m, 4.5 – 6.0 kgf.m)
- Verify proper operation of the seat and confirm no airbag-related warning lights are on. Ensure no further airbag-related DTCs are stored and/or active. Perform further diagnosis and file a separate claim as necessary.
- Reprogram the customer’s radio presets.
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
|Model||Production Date Range|
|Sedona (YP)||July 29, 2014 through July 17, 2017|
|Part Name||Part Number||Figure|
|Seat Cushion Assembly||88200-A9531DL1QK|
N Code: N99 C Code: C99
|Claim Type||Causal P/N||Qty.||Repair Description||Labor Op Code||Op Time||Replacement P/N||Qty.|
ODS Wiring Harness
Inspection & Retainer Removal
ODS Wiring Harness
Inspection & Seat
(Requires VDN with applicable DTCs)
Note: To claim labor operation 191009R1 (ODS Wiring Harness Inspection & Seat Cushion Replacement), a VDN with both of the following DTC(s) B1764(00), B1490(00), is required for claim submission.
The replacement procedure outlined in this bulletin has been modified from the original repair procedure outlined in KGIS to reduce diagnosis time. As a result, the labor time for this repair has been adjusted as listed in the Warranty Information table above.
Rental expense reimbursement will only be provided for seat cushion replacements, and must be claimed using sublet ‘X2’.
VIN inquiry data for this repair is provided for tracking purposes only. Kia retailers should reference SC175 when accessing the WebDCS system.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
(NHTSA Recall Number:19V109)
This notice applies to your vehicle: (Insert VIN)
March 19, 2019
Kia has identified a defect in your vehicle which relates to motor vehicle safety.
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Kia Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2015-2018 MY Sedona vehicles equipped with a manual front passenger seat. The defect may cause the airbag to deploy even if the passenger seat is occupied by a child. In the event of a crash, deployment of the front passenger airbag increases the risk of injury to a child in a Child Restraint System (“CRS”).
What Is The Problem?
The wiring harness underneath the front passenger seat which connects the Occupant Detection System (ODS) unit to the mat sensor is kept in place by various clips. When the seat is occupied by a passenger, the weight of the passenger on the seat cushion may cause the wiring harness to bend. Over time, repeated bending can break the wiring harness. If the wiring harness breaks, the ODS will not suppress the front passenger airbag. As a result, if a crash of sufficient severity occurs, the airbag will deploy even if the passenger seat is occupied by a child.
Kia Will Remove the Harness Clip Closest to the ODS Control Unit at No Cost to You.
Kia has advised its authorized dealers to remove the harness clip closest to the ODS control unit on the affected vehicles to prevent the wiring harness from bending. Also, if the wiring harness is found damaged, dealers will replace the front passenger seat cushion. This work will be performed at Kia’s expense at no cost to you.
What Should You Do
- MAKE A SERVICE APPOINTMENT. Please contact your Kia dealer to schedule a service appointment at your earliest convenience. The time required to remove the harness clip is approximately one (1) hour, but it will take more time if the front seat cushion needs to be replaced. So a service appointment is an important way of minimizing your inconvenience. Please present this notice when you arrive at the Kia dealer.
- AVOID PLACING INFANTS AND YOUNG CHILDREN IN THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT. Never place infants or young children in the front passenger seat, either on the seat itself OR in a child seat. Please review your Owner’s Manual and sun visor warning label for detailed information.
- CHECK FOR ILLUMINATION OF YOUR AIRBAG WARNING LIGHT. When this condition occurs, 1) the SRS airbag warning light on the instrument panel will illuminate and 2) the “PASSENGER AIRBAG OFF” indicator light turns off. If, prior to the completion of this safety recall campaign, the SRS airbag warning light remains illuminated after the engine has started or illuminates while driving AND the “PASSENGER AIRBAG OFF” indicator light turns off even if the passenger seat is occupied by a child, contact your dealer to schedule an appointment.
- To find your nearest dealer, visit kia.com and click the “Find Dealer” button in the upper right corner (“Dealers” on a mobile device). You can also use the QR code below with your mobile device to access this information (see the bottom of this letter for more information about QR code use):
What If You Have Already Paid To Have This Situation Corrected?
If you have incurred expense to remedy this issue prior to the date of this notice, you may have the opportunity to obtain reimbursement for that expense. You may submit your receipts online to Kia via the Owners section of www.kia.com or mail your receipts with the attached Request for Reimbursement Form directly to Kia for review and consideration:
Consumer Assistance Center
Kia Motors America, Inc
P.O. Box 52410
Irvine, CA 92619-2410
The Kia Consumer Assistance Center is available at the number listed above if you have any questions or require assistance in submitting your claim.
Pursuant to the General Reimbursement Plan issued by Kia pursuant to Federal Regulation 49 CFR 573.13, Kia will use its best efforts to respond to your claim within sixty (60) days of receipt and at that time Kia may either accept or reject that claim or it may request more information to evaluate the claim.
Have You Changed Your Address Or Sold Your Kia?
If you have changed your home address, sold your Kia vehicle, or no longer own your vehicle, please complete the attached prepaid “Change of Address/Ownership” card and mail it to us. You can also contact the Consumer Assistance Center phone number listed above.
What If You Are A Vehicle Lessor?
Federal regulation requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
What If You Have Other Questions?
If your dealer does not respond to your service request in a timely manner, we suggest that you call Kia’s Consumer Assistance Center at 1-800-333-4542. This number has TTY capability. If you still are not satisfied that we have remedied this situation without charge and within a reasonable amount of time, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E., Washington, DC 20590; or call the toll free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
This action has been taken in the interest of your safety, and we regret any inconvenience this situation may cause you.
Consumer Affairs Department
QR Code Use:
- A QR Code is a square, 2-dimensional barcode that can be read by mobile devices loaded with an appropriate barcode or QR
- contains, such as URLs, text, photos, videos. With a mobile device, Code Reader App. The app reads the barcode image and then launches/uploads the specific information the code download a QR Code Reader App. With many devices, you can do this through an app store or
- Open the QR Code Reader App on your mobile device. The app will utilize your device’s camera. Center the code in the camera viewing area. With some apps, the URL or other information will automatically load when the code is recognized. For others, you may have to snap or take a picture of the QR code. Refer to the QR Reader Code App instructions.
SC175 – 2015-2018 MY SEDONA
FRONT PASSENGER SEAT OCCUPANT DETECTION SYSTEM (ODS) WIRING HARNESS
SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN
Q & A
March 11, 2019
|Q1.||What type of campaign is Kia conducting?|
|A1.||Kia Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2015-2018 MY Sedona vehicles equipped with a manual front passenger seat. The defect may cause the front passenger airbag to deploy even if the passenger seat is occupied by a child in a Child Restraint System (CRS).
|Q2.||What vehicles are affected by the recall?|
|A2.||Certain 2015-2018 MY Sedona vehicles equipped with “manual” front passenger seat manufactured from July 29, 2014 through July 17, 2017.
|Q3.||How many customer vehicles are affected by this recall?|
|A3.||Approximately 94,389 vehicles are included in this campaign.
|Q4.||What is the concern with the Occupant Detection System (ODS) Wiring Harness?|
|A4.||The wiring harness underneath the front passenger seat which connects the Occupant Detection System (ODS) unit to the mat sensor is kept in place by various clips. When the seat is occupied by a passenger, the weight of the passenger on the seat cushion can cause the clip closest to the ODS unit to change the angle of the wiring harness and bend it. Over time, repeated bending can break the wiring harness. If the wiring harness breaks, the ODS will not suppress the front passenger airbag. As a result, if a crash of sufficient severity occurs, the front passenger airbag will deploy even if the passenger seat is occupied by a child in a Child Restraint System (CRS), thereby increasing the child’s risk to injury.
|Q5.||Can you describe the recall campaign and fix?|
|A5.||Kia has advised its authorized dealers to remove the harness clip closest to the ODS control unit on the affected vehicles to prevent the wiring harness from bending. Also, if the wiring harness is found damaged, dealers are to replace the front passenger seat cushion.
|Q6.||How was the issue discovered?|
|A6.||Through the regular monitoring of field information.
|Q7.||What should vehicle owners do when they receive the notification?|
|A7.||In the interest of the safety of their passengers, as well as their own safety, customers should:
1) Immediately contact their Kia dealer to arrange for the recall repair to be conducted;
2) Avoid placing infants and young children in the front passenger seat. Never place infants or young children in the front passenger seat, either on the seat itself OR in a child seat. Customers are to review the Owner’s Manual and sun visor warning label for detailed information;
3) Check for illumination of the vehicle’s airbag warning light. When this condition occurs, 1) the SRS airbag warning light on the instrument panel will illuminate and 2) the “PASSENGER AIRBAG OFF” indicator light turns off even with the passenger seat unoccupied or if the passenger seat is occupied by a child or an infant in a child restraint System (CRS). If, prior to the completion of this safety recall campaign, the SRS airbag warning light remains illuminated after the engine has started or illuminates while driving AND the “PASSENGER AIRBAG OFF” indicator light turns off even if the passenger seat is unoccupied or occupied by a child, customers are to contact an authorized Kia dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.
|Q8.||Have there been any deaths or injuries as a result of this condition?|
|A8.||There have been no deaths or injuries.
|Q9.||Has Kia had any litigation regarding this condition?|
|Q10.||Will this cost vehicle owners any money?|
|A10.||No. Kia will perform the recall repair at no cost to the customer.
|Q11.||What about customers who may have already paid to have this issue remedied?|
|A11.||If the customer has incurred expense to have this issue remedied prior to the date of this notice, the customer may have the opportunity to obtain reimbursement for that expense. Customers may submit their receipts online to Kia via the Owners section of www.kia.com or mail their receipts with the attached Request for Reimbursement Form directly to Kia for review and consideration:
Consumer Assistance Center
|Q12.||How long will the repair take?|
|A12.||The time required to remove the harness clip is approximately one (1) hour, but it will take more time if the front passenger seat cushion needs to be replaced. A service appointment is an important way of minimizing inconvenience. (Most Kia dealers have online appointment scheduling via their dealership web sites to maximize your convenience).
|Q13.||How will owners of the affected vehicles be notified?|
|A13.||Kia will be notifying owners of the affected vehicles by first-class mail beginning on March 19, 2019.
|Q14.||Are there any restrictions on an owner’s eligibility?|
|Q15.||If a customer has an immediate question, where can they get further information?|
|A15.||The customer can contact their local Kia dealership or call Kia’s Consumer Assistance Center at 1-800-3334KIA (4542), Monday through Friday, 5 AM to 6 PM Pacific Standard Time, or via the internet @ www.kia.com (Owner’s Section).
4 Affected Products
13 Associated Documents
Miscellaneous Document - Q & A March 11, 2019
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- March 11, 2019 Attention: All Dealer Principals
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- SC175 March 11, 2019 Attention: All Kia Parts & Service Managers
Defect Notice 573 Report
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
Remedy Instructions and TSB
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-2
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-3
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-4
Latest Recalls Documents
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE SCAN TOOL: Transform your Windows PC, laptop, or tablet into an accurate automotive diagnostic device (not compatible with Apple iOS devices)
- DIY VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS: Save time and money by reading and clearing 'check engine' and trouble codes yourself and determine problems before consulting a mechanic
- FREE FIRMWARE AND SOFTWARE UPGRADES: System includes OBDwiz diagnostics software for easy to access graphs, logs and real-time engine data exports
- MAXIMUM VEHICLE COVERAGE: Works on more vehicles than any scan tool on the market including all 1996+ cars and light trucks sold in the USA (except hybrid or electric vehicles)
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Your ScanTool is supplied with a 90-day money back guarantee if you are unsatisfied for any reason, along with a 3-year repair or replace manufacturer warranty
- ECU PROGRAMMING: This Diagnostic scanner comes with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant PassThru reprogramming interface device which allows you to use the updated OEM software to replace the existing software/firmware in ECUs, programming new ECUs for Benz/BMW and fixing software-controlled drivability issues and emission issues. We welcome you to contact [email protected] or ask through Q/A for your specific need.
- SUPERIOR HARDWARE: The Maxicom MK908P is a upgraded version of the Maxisys Ms908P/Pro,it with Android4.4 based system amd super-fast hexa-core Processor, 2GM RAM, 64GB On-board Memory, 8.0 Megapixel rear cam, ultra-clear 10.1 inches LED screen etc.
- COMPREHENSIVE FUNCTIONS: Autel MaxiCOM MK908P performs the same function as Autel Maxisys Elite, Autel MS908S PRO, MS908E, and provide better price. this superior diagnostic device is awarded as the Best Vehicle Diagnostic Tool in Britain.12-month free updates，basic functions could still be used without updates.
- WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: Extensive OE-Level vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes.It’s an ultimate car scanner for DIYers, experienced mechanics, even garage to finish professional-level vehicle repair and maintenance. To check compatibility, contact [email protected] or ask through Q/A, we will reply you in time.
- Multi-ADD ONS:This Autel Scanner could connect the Oscilloscope-MaxiScope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras for vehicle’s electronic test or get the sight in the tight spaces. We offer you a free ArtiBattery101, making you easily get the Battery Test Results. This car battery Tester is recommended by Soctty Kilmer and BestReviews. It can directly detect the battery data and give suggestions on whether to replace the battery. It also has cranking test and charging system test.
- 【SUPERIOR CODING & PROGRAMMING】 Supports coding and programming especially for BMW and Mercedes. With the VCI of MK908P for SAE J2534-1 and J2534-2 protocols, it can replace the existing software and firmware in ECU without expensive original equipment.
- 【WIDE DIAGNOSTIC SOLUTIONS】 Well capable of VCM coding and programming, TPMS coding, intelligent cruise control (ICC), ECU coding, live data, dashboard matching, airbag system reset, anti-theft key matching and more.
- 【POWERFUL DIAGNOSTIC TOOL】 The oscilloscope MP408 combine with MaxiCOM MK908P is able to measure and test virtually all the electrical and electronic components and circuits in any modern vehicles, providing you an insight to the inner workings of a vehicle’s electronic circuits.
- 【HIGH-EFFICIENCY OF USE】 Being MS908P upgraded, it is Autel’s latest and most sophisticated diagnostic scanner which boasts the best hardware including Hexa-CPU, 2GB RAM etc. for fast boot-up and multitasking, and the ergonomic design to resist damage of heavy use.
- 【WARRANTY & UPDATE】 You can get quality related services within 12 months warranty, besides, 12 months free online update is available for the latest bug fixes and newly added parameters and car models.
- The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P,MS908S,MS908E, MS908PS PRO, features the 10.1” 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9.7” 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- The MaxiFix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- OBD II & CAN compatible (most 1996 and newer domestic and import vehicles). Diagnose both Diesel and Gasoline powered vehicles. This powerful scan tool is designed to check Engine Transmission, ABS, SRS (Airbag), EPB, Oil service reset, SAS Steering Angle, and other system diagnostics.
- Supports over 40 global car brands after MOST 1996 US, 2001 European, 2003 Asian and newer OBD2/EOBD vehicles. With the enhanced OBD2 engine test, it can scan more than 95% of old domestic vehicles for read/clear pending and stored codes, read freeze frame, view live data stream (in text/graphic format), O2 sensor test, emission test, I/M readiness test, etc.
- The unique FN hot key allows customization of your own Favorites on the main menu for the next car test directly. This is very convenient for the Mechanic and the DIYer. Multi-language is available (English, Spanish, French, Polish, Russian, Japanese, Italian, Korean, German, and Dutch).
- It does not require any battery or charger. It gets power directly from the OBDII Data Link Connector in your vehicle. Once plugged into your vehicle's 16pin OBDII DLC, the unit will power up and prompt you to start your ignition.
- FX4000 OBD2 scanner is well built with a large and high-definition TFT screen, easy-to-read UI, and thousands of DTC tips. Anti-skid & gaming handheld design gives you a different experience on holding an auto scan tool. Lifetime free updates online to fix the latest bugs or add newer parameters. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- [ELM327 USB OBD2 Reader] With reliable advantage of USB cable connection and V1.5 version hardware, works more stable than the wireless conenction,achieve pro-level check engine light programming. Supports all OBD2 protocols (J1850PWM,HS CAN, MS CAN, HS CAN2, HS CAN3), this scanner works as a normal OBDII/EOBD/CAN car code reader on most supported vehicles(from year 1996).
- [Ford OBD2 Scanner Special Design] With MS CAN and HS CAN toggle switch, this obd ii interface is able to access and enable the hidden modules, troubleshoot all the undesired features pre-set in your vehicle with faster functionality. You can edit and change settings without a visit to a dealer and saving to pay for each single module to be activated / deactivated.
- [Ford Forscan Powerful Functions] The comprehensive list of Mods on FORScan: Discover Global Window feature, Bambi Mod, Secure idle, Perpendicular Park, Trailer Brake Controller, disabled Double Horn Honk, Disabled Door Ajar Chime, Reverse Tilt Mirros, Tire Size Correction and many other features.You can apply them to your vehicle.
- [Forscan OBD2 tool] It is flawless in scanning, programming and hiding modules for models like Ford F150, F250, F350, F450, Ranger, S-Max, C-Max, Transit, Mondeo, Fusion, Kuga, Mustang, Explorer, Edge and other cars and light pickup Ford trucks— all from year 1996 and newer. Mods for 2017, 2018 and 2019 car models have also been updated. This code scanner also works for Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury.
- [Deserve to Own] ELM 327 obd2 USB Softwares Compatible: FORScan, Elmconfig, FF2 and FoCCCus, Scanmaster plus more. Easy to use elm327 modified tool on all 32 /64 bite Windows(XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 system) computer, install related software and update drivers, connect obd2 interface, then begin car diagnostics.
- 【OE-LEVEL DIAGNOSIS ON ALL SYSTEMS】Autel MP808K features exceptional OE-Level diagnosis coverage for all car electronic systems that usually can only be found in professional scan tools that cost $1000 or more. The Autel MP808K car scanner, equipped with fast quad-core processor, 7-inch LCD touchscreen that displays at 1024x600 quality and obd adapters, offering maximum vehicle coverage, convenience and efficiency for your diagnostics, is advanced ver. of DS808, best alternative for MS906.
- 【23 SERVICE FUNCTIONS AND MORE】 MP808K diagnostic scanner comes with special service functions like Oil Reset, ABS brake bleed, Bi-Directional Control, SRS, EPB, SAS, DPF, TPMS Reset, Key Fob programming, Injector coding, Transmission Adaption, Throttle Adaptation and etc. NOTE: These useful service & special functions are NOT universally compatible. Please send VIN number to [email protected] to check compatibility.
- 【EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE】 MP808K car diagnostic computer comes with extensive vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes. This automotive OBD2 scanner performs diagnosis on all OBDII-Compliant vehicles post 1996, supports all 10 modes of OBD2 tests, including read and clear codes, view freeze frame data, live data of multiple sensors in text or graph, readiness status to pass smog check, O2 monitor test, component test, module present, vehicle info and DTC Lookup.
- 【AUTO VIN & USER-FRIENDLY INTERFACE】 MP808K auto scanner comes with latest Auto VIN technology to identify vehicles at one single touch to scan vehicle ECUs, acquire vehicle info and run diagnostics on selected systems. The MP808K diagnostic tablet features Autel unique user-friendly interface for quick obd2 diagnosis, quick read and clear codes on various car systems and subsystems, software updates and etc.
- 【WE GOT YOUR BACK】 Autel MP808K automotive diagnostic scanner comes with 12 Months Free Software Updates and is backed by 30 Days REPLACEMENT or FULL REFUND, 12 Months free from defects after-sales services & technical support by US-based seller Autel Direct and Autel HQ. If there are any questions or issues, please feel free to contact our 7/24 service team via [email protected]
- ALL CAR SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS: MK908, being the the most complete and advanced diagnostic scanner, it reads and erases codes and perform OE-Level disgnosis on all car systems, including Oil Reset, ABS, SRS, Airbag, EPB, BMS, SAS, DPF, TPMS, IMMO Keys, transmission, change tire size, headlight and etc and show custom live data of multiple sensors in text or graph. NOTE: Service functions are NOT universally compatible. Please send VIN number to [email protected] to check compatibility.
- ULTIMATE WIRELESS SCAN TOOL: Being the most advanced Autel bluetooth diagnostic tool, Autel MaxiCom MK908 is equipped with the best hardware, combined with the best possible coverage of OE-level diagnostics, practical functions like ECU coding, auto VIN scan, complete OBD2 functions like read and erase codes, live data, freeze frame, I/M readiness status, O2 Monitor Test, component test and data printing. BT pairing between the diagnostic table and the MaxiVCI Mini dongle is fast.
- BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTROL: MK908 OBD2 scanner comes with bi-directional control to check the operating conditions of various car systems and components like Anti-lock Braking System and SRS, car windows, doors and roof. It can also perform special functions such as ABS Brake Bleed, Pump Motor Test,TPMS sensors relearn, key fob programming, checking Module information and etc. NOTE: Active Tests are NOT universally compatible. Please send VIN number to aute[email protected] to check compatibility.
- DRIVE SAFER WITH ADAS CALIBRATION: Drive safer with the comprehensive & precise ADAS calibrationl. It supports the calibration of multiple driver assistant systems, including Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Night Vision System (NVS), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Blind Spot Detection (BSD), Around View Monitoring (AVM), Rear Collision Warning (RCW) and Heads-up Displays (HUD) for Benz, BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche, Infiniti, Lexus, GM, Ford, Volvo, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai and Kia.
- 12 MONTH WARRANTY AND ONLINE UPDATE: You deserve an Autel MK908 Ultimate Wireless Diagnostic Tool and so does your car. This diagnostic computer comes with 12 Months FREE online software updates and is backed by 30 Days REPLACEMENT or FULL REFUND, 12 Months free from defects after-sales services. Hit the orange button to buy now and start driving safer today!
- Wireless connection - simple plug and play configuration Upgraded support includes 802 11bgn
- High Speed USB 2 0 Connection with improved protection and faster performance
- Improved stability during engine crank with extended temperature range
- Enclosure design protects from exposure to fluids and drops
- Additional vehicle communications protocols include upcoming Global B vehicles with faster data buses SAE J2534 and ISO-22900 compliant
- Advanced Functions : Read/clear codes for all available systems ( including engine, transmission, ABS and AIRBAG ), Bi-directional control ability. Support auto bleed test, Forced DPF regeneration and adjusting injectors. Relearn parking brake pad after replacement (brake reprogramming) and IMMO functions (key configuration).
- Superior Features : Relearn/ reset throttle body positions. Reset Steering Angle Sensor (SAS, steering wheel calibration). Reset service mileage and service intervals. TPMS sensor relearn, Battery registration and reset, Reading automatic gearbox. Shows the vehicle's operation graphs. Adjust idle/ Relearn idle, Cycle the abs system to evacuate air, Bleed ABS pump/ ABS bleeding brake.
- Cost-Effective : The automotive diagnostic scanner supports basic TPMS Service (Tires Pressures Monitoring System) including displaying sensor IDs from vehicle's ECU by inputting TPMS sensor replacement IDs and registering sensors to vehicle.
- Extensive Vehicle Coverage : This diagnostic scanner is compatible with all OBD2 protocols and works on over 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes after 1996. Smart AutoVIN technology for identifying vehicles easily. IMMO, the unique function MK808 is mainly used to disable the lost vehicle keys and program a new replacement key fob.
- Update : Automatic system and software updates with real-time push message notifications via Wi-Fi. The most competitive advantage of MK808 is its add-on services for the well data arrangement and better using experience.
Last update on 2020-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API