PANORAMA SUNROOF TRIM SEAL LOOSE
Optima’s produced from SOP to October 24, 2012, equipped with Panorama Sunroof option, may exhibit a loose or sagging side trim seal (A). A portion of the side trim seal may become detached and caught under the sunroof, as it is closed, causing poor appearance and improper sealing.
To correct this condition, follow the procedure outlined below:
- With the sunroof open, clean off portion of the side seal and trim molding area that is sagging or has become loose using General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner (3M P/N 08984). Ensure the seal is free of any dirt or oil as a clean, dry surface is key to a good bond.
- Apply a thin uniform coat of black weather-strip adhesive
(3M P/N 08011) on each surface but do not bond the surfaces together at this time (B). Allow adhesive to dry until tacky to the touch.
- Carefully push the side trim seal back into the sunroof side trim and apply pressure for
several seconds to ensure that it is properly positioned (C).
- Clean off any excess adhesive and allow a minimum of 30 minutes for the adhesive to
- After allowing the adhesive to cure, cycle the panorama sunroof through its full motion to
ensure the seal is seated properly.